Friday, April 20, 2007

We survived...

This was my ever dreaded first week back to work. Let's just say it wasn't easy. Starting on Sunday evening I had a pit in my stomach and tears in my eyes. Monday was worse. Tuesday, it was getting better. The reality of needing to work and actually enjoying my job once I was here was starting to settle in.

Evan does great at his daycare provider's house (Rita). She said he got an "A" his first day! When we got him home he was very eager to show us what he learned...he squealed VERY loudly! So loud it could rival his cousin, Arianna! We think the other children at Rita's house must have encouraged it. Jason and I were laughing so much because he kept doing it! His verbal skills are definitely growing. He has multiple conversations with Mommy and Daddy throughout the evenings.

This is Evan "talking" with Daddy last night:

Listening for Daddy's response:The two of them having fun:

Mommy was having fun with Evan last night too. Here we were playing a hiding game. I think I found him!...


We're definitely having a great time with Evan. He's been such a joy in our lives. Thanks for checking in! We'll post more updates and pictures soon. Keep checking back...

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Hi Mears family! Love that you have started a blog! Both the note and pictures are sooo cute. Evan is looking as adorable as ever and his personality and sweetness shine through! Looking forward to reading/seeing more!

Anonymous said...

Hey you all:
Evan looks like Jason, this is the opinion of the Aliste-del Valle family.
Sorry Jen, but he is dady boy.
he is so cute :)
It is difficult back to work.
From the hot and dusty Phoenix,
le deseamos lo mejor.