Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sweet cakes

Curiosity is interesting. Evan figured out that the door stoppers make an unusual noise when you flip them back and forth. Daisy discovered this also while growing up and we just laugh when she bumps into the door stoppers. Anyway, if Evan is walking or crawling past a door, he tends to get distracted and play with the stopper...He's also sucking his lower lip a lot, which we think is funny...I took a cake decorating class today to brush up my skills (which was greatly needed after Jason's birthday cake didn't turn out very pretty this year!). It was fun and I learned quite a bit! I'm taking the second course next weekend where we learn additional techniques like making flowers. Here's my cake this week...They provided the plain cakes and we had to assemble, frost, and decorate. Then we get to take our cake home! Mine is a white cake with raspberry mouse and fresh raspberries in the filling. Covered in chocolate buttercream frosting. Yum!

2 comments:

Betsy King said...

YEa, Miles is into door stoppers too!

That's awesome you are taking a cake class! I need to do something like that!

Anonymous said...

Send cake!! Very jealous...