Tuesday, April 8, 2008

New York, New York

This past weekend I spend the first weekend away from Evan in his entire life. I ventured to New York City for a girls' weekend getaway with some of my great college friends. We had a blast! I've never been to NYC before and it was so much fun! We'll definitely be back. We walked a ton, as my friend, Alyssa, calculated that we walked about 5 miles on Friday alone! Phew! On Friday, we visited St. Patrick's Cathedral, among other things. It was beautiful...Here is the view from our hotel room on Saturday morning. Look...the sky is clear! It didn't downpour rain the whole weekend, but on Friday and Sunday it was dreary and cloudy. We lucked out not having rain!Saturday we celebrated Alyssa's 30 1/2 birthday. A large group of Alyssa's friends and family had a delicious Italian dinner. Posing for a picture are (left to right) Shelly, me, Amy, and Alyssa...great picture, huh?! After dinner we went to see A Chorus Line on Broadway. The show moved us to start dancing on the street...The next morning, we headed off to Little Owl, a quaint and fabulous restaurant in Greenwich Village. Posing outside in the crazy wind are (left to right back row): Kristin, Alyssa, me, Erin, and Amy. Front row (left to right) are Suzi and Shelly.We had a great weekend! Plans are already set for next year's girls' weekend. It should be a blast! Of note, Evan, Jason, and Daisy had fun this past weekend also. Daddy took plenty of video (as Mommy stole the camera for her trip), so we'll post the movies soon so you all can see what Evan's been up to. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Betsy King said...

Wow Jen, that's awesome! Email me and tell me how it was leaving Evan, ok? I havne't done it yet! (I assume you are done breast feeding then, right? )

Yea for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Loved your update on NYC! Had a great time with you and the girls! Can't wait till next year. Looking forward to seeing the video Jason took of Evan while you were away and the fun that was being had on the homefront!
~Alyssa