Saturday, June 2, 2007

Bring on the solids...

Last night Evan had his first meal of solid food...rice cereal. For the past few weeks, at least, Evan has shown a huge interest in grown-up food, grabbing at our plates, drinks, watching us eat every bite. The doctor said we could introduce solid food at any time, especially since he's definitely doubled his birth weight. We thought last night was as good of a time as any. After reading about it in our books, we prepared ourselves for a long feeding task...thinking it'd take a good 20+ minutes to feed him his tablespoon or so of rice cereal. Uh, no, try 2 minutes! He loved it! We thought he would still have his reflex of pushing foods out of his mouth...nope! He smooshed out the first bite, but after that, it all went down smoothly.

Oh, oh, I'm ready...

Is this for me?
My first taste of rice cereal...

Man, that's great!

Yum! More please...



I think I'll shove my fingers in for good measure.

Mom, let me help you with that last bite...

All gone...where's dessert?!

1 comment:

Betsy King said...

No way! What a cute blog! We are such losers, we don't even have our highchair yet. So does this mean that he has been sitting at the table with you for the last month or so? (I'm learning from you, if you can't tell!)

Great job on his first feeding! Can't wait to see all the action in person.