Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Cape, Day 1

Evan, Jason, and I headed out to Cape Cod this past weekend. A college friend and sorority sister of mine, Amy, was getting married in Yarmouth, MA. Our friends, Shelly and Alyssa, and my sister, Wendy, all joined us. We had a great time!

Getting to the Cape meant that Evan was going to take his first plane ride. Here he is relaxing at the airport before his flight...Evan did GREAT on the plane. It was just Evan and me on our plane ride to Providence, RI, as Jason had to take a different flight in/out of Boston. Jason flew about the same time as me, from the same airport, but, unfortunately, was in a different concourse. He went through a different security line, and could not hang out with us at the terminal. There go our plans! It worked out OK. A TSA individual saw me struggling with my 2 bags, stroller, and Evan, who had decided to spit up all down my arm. Now, mind you, I had my "baggie" of liquids and my bag of breastmilk in my hands in addition to everything else. Anyway, the TSA man helped me through security and I could not have thanked him enough. After a quick diaper change, we headed to our gate to relax and spread out before boarding the plane.

I was quite surprised with all the help that was offered to me. When boarding the plane, they did NOT preboard. One minute they were making an announcement about our flight being over-booked, the next minute they were boarding Zones 1 & 2. So much for my extra time! Luckily a nice lady who was traveling on our plane offered to help me with the stroller. I really appreciated the help! Evan did well on his flight. OK, let me say that the seats are REALLY small when you're trying to nurse a baby, especially a 20-pound one. Evan got upset when starting to nurse because his feet got tangled in the armrests. And there was not much room. Once he got untangled, he settled down. He got a meal, played a bit with some toys, and took a nap. That was it on the plane! Folks came up to me after the flight and mentioned that they never heard him during the flight. Phew! I'm glad!

We met up with Alyssa and Wendy at the airport and off we went to the Cape. Jason met us there after driving through Plymouth, MA, from Boston and seeing Plymouth Rock. Unfortunately the weather on Friday in the Cape wasn't the greatest. It was chilly and rainy. The rain was off and on, so we ventured to the beach at the hotel while it wasn't raining.Here are Alyssa, myself, Evan, and Wendy at the beach...Evan enjoyed the beach. It was chilly and the wind was quite cold. Whenever the wind blew, Evan would squeal and you could see his little hair blowing in the wind. It was adorable.

He was really interested in the water...he is an Aquarius, you know...This beach-thing is fun!Here is a picture of our hotel at the Cape. We stayed at the Blue Water Resort. As I said, the rain was off and on. This made for some beautiful pictures of the clouds, sky, and water. Jason is a great photographer and took these wonderful pictures...Wendy found a beautiful shell along the water...While we decided what was for dinner, Evan sacked out on the floor. Onto Day 2...to follow soon!

1 comment:

Betsy King said...

Wow, I bow to you for the amazing juggling act you did in the airport. Seriously, I'm in awe of you! I'm so jealous of your trip! I can't wait to see more pics!!