Monday, June 18, 2007

Good times with Daddy!

Yesterday Jason has his first official (human) Father's Day (we've been celebrating Father's Day for 7 years now with Daisy). Everyone had a great time! Daddy woke up before we could get him breakfast in bed. I guess that is what happens when you have a baby! Anyway, after having a cup of coffee and checking out the world of sports online, he sat down to a huge breakfast consisting of an omelet with sausage, green peppers, onions, and cheese, biscuits, and strawberries. I accidently over-stuffed his omelet, so he was quite full after finishing breakfast. While he was letting all this digest, we tried to decide how to spend the late morning. I saw my friend, Betsy, took her son to the pool on Saturday, so that gave us a great idea...let's go to the pool! (Thanks, Bets!)

We pulled out our swimming gear and headed over to our community pool.
It was still well before noon, so only a few people were out there. We found some chairs under the shade, which was great. Since it's so early in the season, the pool was quite chilly! Jason dove right in (fearless!). But I only dipped my feet into the water. Evan was ready to go for a swim, so we got his feet used to the water by splashing him a bit. Then came the tiny dip of his feet in the water...didn't phase him.
We sat him on the ledge of the pool to dangle his toes and he was having fun. Hmmm...let me check out this pool thing...
Off came his pool robe and into the water with Daddy!Checking things out. This is a much bigger bathtub than I'm used to!
Whoa! I can float! Mamamama, look at me!Ready to join the swim team. He started paddling his feet...Phew! This swimming thing is exhausting! Time for a nap.Chillin' with Mommy...After we had enough fun at the pool, we headed home. Jason went for a long bike ride while Mommy and Evan went shopping. We came home and the dad of the day was watching golf with his puppy. Ah, life is great! We grilled out for dinner and Jason ate gorganzola burgers (I had BBQ chicken), potato salad, fruit salad with mangos, and when we made room later, we had a piece of chocolate cake. Yum!

Here is Daddy playing with his kids...All in all, a great Father's Day! My next item on the agenda is to find our dartboard in one of the hundreds of boxes we have. Daddy got new darts for Father's Day and he wants to put the dart board up in the garage. Gotta start digging through some boxes...

An update on Evan, he's doing great! He rolls over constantly (both ways) and we can't keep him on the blanket on the floor. He also is starting to "inch" as his way of crawling. Evan is fascinated with Daisy (as you can see in the above picture). He'll stop whatever he's doing to watch her. He reaches out every now and then to try to touch her. He's swatted Daisy on the head a few times; she was not too phased (which is great!). One funny thing Evan has started to do is bite down and sometimes suck on my nose and chin. He does this to my chin when I'm rocking him at night. Some nights I just can't stop laughing! Goofy child! He is sleeping in his crib now, and sleeping through the night again! YEAH!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

OMG, those pics are just too cute. I love his little swim outfit.